Sometimes I can be hard on myself. I tend to get to the end of a year and think, “I didn’t do this” or “I never got around to that.” This year, as I sifted through the 1,300 photos on my iPhone, I realized I actually had a really phenomenal year and that’s worth celebrating!
1. I met Hillary fucking Clinton. Sorry, Dan, that had to be number 1.
2. I read 20 books.
3. We spent my birthday at a relaxing Spa.
4. We went “across” with my Mom. CAPPA.
5. We flew over the Atlantic Ocean for the first time.
6. We visited Europe…twice…!
7. I learned some Italian.
8. I ran 2 miles, two days a week, for most weeks.
9. I wrote more here on my blog.
10. I danced on stage with Morris Day and the Time.
11. We saw Pearl Jam, The Dixie Chicks, Brandi Carlile, and Rev Run in concert.
12. We spent a week on Martha’s Vineyard and celebrated Dan’s 37th birthday.
13. We went to the Warren Fourth of July Parade for the first time and Dan won $75 worth of cheese.
14. We hiked, walked and ran with Sadie more this year.
15. We kayaked and fished.
16. We saw 4 Lake Monsters games.
17. I won 99 $1.00 bills at Breakwaters.
18. I also won a year of flea prevention medicine for Sade, ha.
19. I spent a lot of time with family.
20. I baked countless breads, cookies and pastries.
21. We gave our greenhouse a makeover.
22. We installed new basement windows.
23. I cuddled (a lot) with Brody and Sadie.
24. We spent some QT with friends.
25. We played on a softball team and donned jeggings.
26. We ran a 5K and had to eat a pint of Ben & Jerry’s in the middle of it (and yes I realize how counter productive this was to #8)
27. I became very close to the cat next door, Lily.
28. I got to see one of my best friends have a baby (note: not *literally* see) and become an honorary Auntie.
29. We visited Portland, ME.
30. We went to Hampton Beach.
31. We had awesome foliage and went on a leaf-peeing adventure to the NEK.
32. I got *really* into nail art.
33. I developed a new-found appreciation for both my dad and Sherlock Holmes.
34. We made teacup bird feeders and became bird watchers.
35. We got lots of snow in December and I continued trying to learn how to snowboard.
36. I got to honor a close friend and coworker with a goofy video.
37. I became a Nasty Woman – ok, let’s be honest: I always was one, but finally got the t-shirt to prove it.
38. I organized a drive for period products for a domestic violence organization.
39. I rekindled an important friendship.
40. And…I finally hit that mother f-ing jackpot on Candy Crush.
What a year!